Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Final 48 hours..

I am so excited that God has called a group of 40+ individuals from all around the country to come together as one large family to serve our Father in a country where there is a severe shortage of clean water. With a nation of 30 million people and 10 million of those residing in urban centers, water remains a nightmare urbanites have learned to live with. Your social status means little since everyone has to deal with the shortages. The need for clean water is how God called both myself and my husband to this missions trip.  As soon as I learned that on this trip we would be bringing water to several projects in Kenya, it was like God had taken a stick and hit me over the head and said "I want you to go and help my children, now will you go?" 
 
I am normally the type that has to plan everything out, cross the t's and dot the i's. I almost always have a plan and focus that means there is not much room for 'going with the flow'. I have been dealing with several physical challenges the last several years, which I have used as a crutch for not going on prior missions trips, but this time I knew that He would be my protector and through Him all things would be possible.
 
These past few months have been so calming to me. Never before has anything given me such a sense of 'stillness' and completeness. I am not anxious nor nervous. I am at peace. I believe this means that this is what I am supposed to be doing. I pray that God will use me as his hands in the field to reach his children who need clean water. But most importantly though, I trust that the Lord will soften my heart and help me show the love of Christ to those that I come in contact with.
 
I ask that you continue to pray for each of the team members as we do our final planning these next 48 hours. Please pray that we have open hearts to do His will in whatever manner He wants us to.
 
Until the Whole World Hears,
Angie Foster-Hintz
KSLT, KLMP, The Point Office Manager
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment